Los Angeles County Design and Engineering Malpractice Attorney
Assisting Clients with Construction Design and Engineering Malpractice Claims
Architects, engineers, and other design professionals who work, own, and operate businesses in the State of California are subject to certain standards of care. Just like doctors, accountants, and lawyers, architects and engineers in California must abide by standards of professional conduct and competence and must perform their duties in a workmanlike manner – with the degree of reasonableness, diligence, and care that is acceptable in the community. When designers and engineers fail to abide by that standard of care and harm results, the affected person or persons may be in a position to file a claim or lawsuit for design and engineering malpractice.
The California design and engineering malpractice lawyers at Urbach Law Offices, PC, regularly represent builders, developers, and others in design and engineering malpractice claims. Contact us to learn more about how we can assist you with resolving or litigating your claim in the court system.
Common Types of Design and Engineering Malpractice
Design and engineering malpractice can take on a variety of forms. Some of the most common types include the following:
- Errors that are found in engineering and/or architectural blueprints or plans
- Assigning personnel to a project that do not have the proper qualifications
- Failing to properly supervise design or engineering personnel
- Failing to comply with all of the applicable building codes, regulations, and laws on the books
- Failing to provide sufficient building plans in a timely manner
- Failure on the part of an architect or engineer to complete the terms of an engagement agreement
Speak to a California Design and Engineering Malpractice Lawyer Today
The legal team at Urbach Law Offices, PC, is ready to assist you with your design/engineering malpractice case. For a free case evaluation and legal consultation with a Los Angeles county design and engineering malpractice attorney, please call us at (310) 479-1200 or contact us online.